During grouting make sure all excess grout is removed from the surface with a damp clean cloth or sponge and fresh clean water. Washing grout and residues off the surface with dirty water and / or cloth or sponge does not clean the surface. Any grout residues will impair the finish after sealing and will result in a very expensive repair. Clean with Tile and Floor Care Grout Off (acidic wash) and Easy Clean (neutralizer) to ensure a residue free surface.
Choosing a sealer:
When choosing a sealer, one would need to ensure that the sealer you choose will give you the desired finish e.g. matt, satin, gloss or natural with colour enhancement or not. Each sealer gives a different finish to the tile and protects the tile in a different manner. If in doubt phone Tile and Floor Care for free advise on 0800 006173 / 011 822 6901
|Name||Invisible Seal||Deep Seal|
|Use||Interior & Exterior||Interior & Exterior|
|Colour Enhancement||No Colour enhancement||Considerable colour change|
|Coverage||± 12 to 20m² per 1L||± 7 to 12m² per 1L|
Interior – Maxi Shine (gloss finish)
Daily Cleaning: Quick Clean
|Daily Cleaning: Quick Clean|
|Wash & Seal||48 hours between washing & sealing||48 hours between washing & sealing|
Tile & Floor Care Deep Seal is a durable twin pack urethane sealer with extra stain resistance. Deep Seal penetrates and bonds with the tile thereby strengthening, sealing and protecting the tile from wear and tear. Deep Seal is suitable for low to medium porosity tiles e.g. Low porosity Terracotta, Black Slate, Marble, Granite & Porcelain. Deep Seal enhances the natural colour of the tile and dries to matt/sheen finish. Deep Seal is UV stable and may be used for interior and exterior applications. Deep Seal is pre measured so as to allow easy accurate mixing.
- Ensure that the tile is clean and free from grout, cement, oil, wax and other stains. (clean with the correct Tile & Floor Care products), and remember to neutralize if the floor has been cleaned with acid. Rinse thoroughly with clean fresh water.
- Ensure that the tile is totally dry before applying the sealer. (Wait approx. 48 hours after cleaning).
- Mix the required amount of sealer by adding 1 part B (catalyst) to 4 part A (urethane)
- Using a suitable applicator apply a thin even coat of Deep Seal.
- Wait for the coat to dry approx 2 to 4 hours.
- Apply a second and third coat if necessary.
- Allow to cure before trafficking approx 12 hours.
- Thin coats are essential when using Deep Seal on low porosity tiles.
- Allow 10 – 14 days after laying the tile before sealing.
- Do not pre-seal tiles when using Deep Seal.
- Do not use paint rollers. Use a lint free cloth or sheepskin applicator to apply Deep Seal.
- Do not apply while floor is still damp.
- Do not allow water on the floor for 48 hours after sealing.
- Pot life of product once mixed is 4 hours.
Tile & Floor Care Invisible Sealer is an invisible clear silicone sealer that will maintain the natural look of the tile. Invisible Sealer will repel water and most oils. Invisible Sealer is suitable for interior & exterior applications. Invisible Sealer penetrates into the tile & therefore maintains the anti-slip factors of the tile. Invisible Sealer is used on hard porous surfaces than can withstand relatively heavy traffic and that are hard enough to need surface protection.
- Shake very well before use.
- Ensure that the surface is clean and free from grout, cement, oil, wax, and other stains. (Clean with the right Tile & Floor Care product if necessary.)
- Ensure that the tiles are totally dry before applying the sealer. (Wait ± 48 hours after cleaning.)
- Using a sheepskin applicator apply a thin even coat of Invisible Sealer to the surface.
- Allow to dry for ± 2 hours. Apply a second coat if required.
- Wipe off any excess sealer after 15 min if it does not penetrate.
- Do not use paint rollers, use a lint free cloth or sheepskin applicator when applying Invisible Sealer.
- Do not apply while the floor is still damp.
- Allow 10 to 14 days after laying the tile before sealing.
- Pre-sealing is only recommended for cement tiles.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot tiles
For advise on sealing, phone Tile and Floor Care on 0800 00 6173